Our snaps come from KAMsnaps, a small family-owned company in the USA. You can find replacement snaps at KAMsnaps.com. Enlightened Equipment gear uses Size 20 or T5 snaps.
A snap tool and some matte black snaps will be all you need to get started! These can also be found at your local craft supply store.
1. Determine if you are replacing a male or female snap:
A flat snap like below is considered a female snap.
A snap with a raised center, like below, is considered a male snap.
2. Find the snap back like below; it looks like a thumbtack:
3. Insert the snap-back from the exterior side into the pre-existing hole where the faulty snap was located:
4. While holding the snap back in the hole, place the male or female snap on top of the point of the snap-back:
5. Using the snap tool, place the snap-back flat inside the indented black pad:
6. Align male or female top snap with the center of white plunger:
7. Squeeze handle tightly:
8. Ensure the point of the snap-back has been flattened:
9. Ensure exterior side of snap-back is secure:
10. Test Snap: