Our snaps come from KAMsnaps, a small family-owned company in the USA. You can find replacement snaps at KAMsnaps.com. We recommend purchasing a starter set of pliers, which comes with 100 snaps and should do just about any snap repair on your ultralight gear. You can also contact us to borrow a pliers.
1. Determine if you are replacing a male or female snap:
A flat snap like below is considered a female snap.
A snap with a raised center, like below, is considered a male snap.
2. Find the snap back like below; it looks like a thumbtack:
3. Insert the snap-back from the exterior side into the pre-existing hole where the faulty snap was located:
4. While holding the snap back in the hole, place the male or female snap on top of the point of the snap-back:
5. Using the snap tool, place the snap-back flat inside the indented black pad:
6. Align male or female top snap with the center of white plunger:
7. Squeeze handle tightly:
8. Ensure the point of the snap-back has been flattened:
9. Ensure exterior side of snap-back is secure:
10. Test Snap: