The Visp Rain Mitts are made from a customized waterproof and breathable fabric that has a durable water repellent finish. While you will see the rain fall off your Mitts within seconds, the Mitts can be seam sealed with the included tube of Seam Grip+WP that comes with your purchase. Below are the items you'll need and the steps to follow on how to do this at home.
You will need:
- Your Visp Rain Mitts
- The included Seam Grip + WP
- Stuffing like paper towels, newspaper, batting
- Toothpick or similar application tool
- Flat surface
We recommend sealing the outside of the mitts upon arrival and later on from use as necessary. There are two seam lines to seal: the seam over the thumb and across the palm, and the seam around the outside edge of the mitt. Follow each step below to ensure proper seal.
- Fill the mitts with the stuffing, packing it down as you go. Check how the seams look from the outside, try to smooth out any large wrinkles. You’re going to want to make sure the mitt is stuffed fully so the seams are in clear vision. Use the shock cord at the cuff to hold the stuffing in place while preparing to seam seal.
- Make a small hole in the Seam Grip +WP and use a toothpick to apply it to the seams. Pay close attention at the seam junctions and make sure to apply extra sealant there.
- Move slowly as this is a tedious process. It’s best if you have an extra pair of hands to help make sure the sealant stays off your flat surface. The sealant is adhesive, so try to avoid getting in on your fingers, clothing, etc.
- Allow to dry for the recommended time- 8-12 hours. You can either hang the mitts from the shock cords somewhere they won’t touch anything, or prop them over a glass or dowel. If propping them up via water bottle, take out some of the stuffing so they sit upright and won’t fall.
- Unstuff and test by wearing the mitts and running water over them.
- Touch up any spots that leaked and allow to dry again.